When your finances have been compromised by an abusive partner, finding stable and appropriate housing can be an immediate and ongoing challenge. Below, you'll find links to government and non-government organisations responsible for providing public and social housing, emergency housing, affordable housing, subsidies for private rental housing, and information about tenants rights.

ShelterMe Information for those seeking accommodation and support services in NT.
Safe Haven Community Safe Haven Community is Australia's national register of community based short-term crisis accommodation. A not-for-profit organisation of volunteers helping women and children fleeing coercive control (invisible abuse) to access spare rooms in the community 24/7 1800 042 836
OneLink Information and connections for support services in the ACT, including services for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Mon - Fri 8.00am to 6.00pm. 1800 176 468
Linking Hearts Based in Sydney, Linking Hearts provides domestic violence and homelessness support to women and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds with safe and supported crisis and transitional accommodation.
Link2Home Link2home is an information and referral telephone service for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in NSW. Daily 9am to 10pm. 1800 152 152
Housing Victoria Housing Vic is the state government agency that provides information for current public housing tenants, potential social housing tenants and anyone wanting to know about housing in Victoria, including crisis and emergency housing. 7 days a week 24 hours a day (Emergency line). 1800 825 955
Housing Connect Housing Connect helps low income Tasmanians, including people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, to find or maintain appropriate and affordable homes. 7 days a week 24 hours a day. 1800 800 588
Homelessness Gateway SA This statewide crisis housing service can provide referrals to shelter/emergency accommodation for eligible people. 7 days a week 24 hours a day. 1800 003 308
Homeless Hotline Information and referral service for people in Queensland who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, including those experiencing domestic and family violence. 1800 474 753
Entrypoint Perth A free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in WA, including because of family violence, to access accommodation and support options. Mon - Fri 9.00am to 7.00pm, Sat 9.00am to 5.00pm. 1800 124 684
Tenants Union of NSW Information about your rights as a tenant - including in the context of domestic and family violence - provided by the Tenants Union of NSW in collaboration with the network of Tenants' Advice and Advocacy Services.
Tenants Victoria Tenants Victoria has a Family Violence Protection Tenancy Kit with information about rental protections for people experiencing family violence. (03) 9416 2577 Limited hours - check website for details
Circle Green WA Circle Green is a community legal centre in WA that can help with legal issues related to employment, tenancy, migration, and domestic and family violence. (08) 6148 3636
South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal South Australian renters experiencing family violence can apply to the Tribunal to be removed from a rental agreement or have a perpetrator removed.
RentRight SA A free, independent service, helping people maintain their tenancies in private rental, community housing or public housing. 1800 060 462
Tenants Queensland Provides free advice, services and a strong voice for tenants, including a toolkit for DFV service providers.   1300 744 263 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Tenants Union of Tasmania TUTAS has information about options for tenants experiencing family violence. 1300 652 641 Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4.00pm