There is a range of types of financial assistance available from state and federal governments, including victim’s compensation, crisis payments and ongoing income or rental support. Some of the eligibility criteria can be confusing but you shouldn’t miss out on support you need because of this. Centrelink has a commitment to “help you understand your rights, entitlements and obligations.” If you don’t understand something, you have the right to ask them to explain it to you. Ask Izzy (link below) can help you find relevant supports in your local area.

UnitingCare network The UnitingCare network is managing the Escaping Violence Payment (EVP) trial, available to people 18+ who have recently experienced family violence, have a changed living situation and are experiencing financial stress. Up to $5,000 worth of assistance may be available.
Good Shepherd No Interest Loans (NILS) Good Shepherd offers flexible, No Interest Loans of up to $2,000. The loans are government funded, with no fees, charges or interest to pay. Eligibility criteria applies. 13 64 57
Centrelink - Services Australia Centrelink is a federal government agency delivering social security payments and services to Australians. 136 150 (Families Payments)
Child Support - Services Australia The federal government agency that assesses, collects and makes child support payments. 131 272
Ask Izzy Ask Izzy is a free and anonymous resource to help you to find the local services you need, across a wide range of locations and needs. Developed by InfoExchange, Google, REA Group and News Corp.
Commissioner for Victims Rights Appointed by the Government, the Commissioner helps South Australian victims in their dealings with the state’s criminal justice system, public officials and public agencies. (08) 7322 7007
Victims Support ACT Victim Support ACT delivers the free and confidential Victims Services Scheme for the ACT Government. This includes advocacy, counselling, financial assistance and recognition payments. M-F 9am to 5pm 1800 822 272
Victims Services NSW Victims Services is a NSW government agency which may be able to assist with financial support if you are a victim of crime. Mon - Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm. 1800 633 063
Crime Victims Services NT NT Government information about financial help available to victims of crime in NT. M-F 8.30am to 4pm 1800 460 363
Victim Assist Queensland Victim Assist provides help for victims of crime in Queensland to help them recover from the effects of violent crime and get their lives back on track. Business hours. 1300 546 587 
Victim Support Service SA (VSS) VSS is a non-government, not-for-profit that provides free and confidential help to adult victims of crime, witnesses, their family, and friends across South Australia. M-F 9am to 5pm 1800 842 846
Victims of Crime Services Tas The Victims of Crime Service operates within the Victims Support Service of the Tasmanian government to meet the needs of victims of crime in Tasmania. M-F 8.45am to 5pm 1300 300 238
Victims of Crime WA The Department of Justice is responsible for a range of services which offer advocacy and support to victims of crime in WA including compensation for injuries. M-F 8.30am to 4.30pm 08 9264 9877
Victims Support Agency Vic The Victorian Government’s Victims of Crime Helpline offers information, advice and support for victims of crime in Victoria. 7 days a week 8.00am to 11.00pm. 1800 819 817 or Txt helpline: 0427 767 891
Flexible Support Packages (Vic) Family Violence Flexible Support Packages (FSP) are available to Victorian child and adult victim survivors of family violence to access support, move out of crisis, stabilise and improve their safety, wellbeing and independence.
Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal VOCAT is established by legislation to provide financial assistance to victims of violent crime committed in Victoria.
Arise Foundation Arise Foundation focuses on the empowerment and financial freedom of survivors of economic abuse through non-interest loans, employment training and job placement, and wrap-around support services.